I give a general review on 23andMe and if it’s really worth the new $199 price.
*EDIT* I just learned that 23andme NOW offers a package for just $99 and $199, so this video applies JUST to $199 package!
Health Tumblr: spooniedollie.tumblr.com
*HERE ARE ALL POSSIBLE DNA WEBSITES/APPS TO USE!*
1. 23andme (website basically broken, 199 US dollars)
2. Ancestry.com (best for individuals who have American ancestry, 99 US dollars)
3. FTDNA (99 US dollars for BASIC package)
4. DNAland (free, requires import of raw DNA file)
5. Genes for Good (new facebookapp)
6. GedMatch (free for basic package, monthly cost for premium package, another place to find potential relatives, requires import of raw DNA file)
*ACCESSORY DNA SITES*
These websites look at SPECIFIC aspects of your DNA (medical risks, athleticism, etc.
1. Athletigen (looks at athletic composition, FREE)
2. Prometheus (5 US dollars, in-depth medical reports)
3. Livewello (one time 23 US dollar payment, optional for monthly payment of premium/more detailed medical results)
4. Sterling (one time 30 us dollar payment)
5. Nutrahacker (one time 23 US dollar payment, looks at nutrition aspect of DNA)