I’m a Black American so of course I have African heritage so what I was most Excited by from the reveal:
• Masai – Surprising, since that is a tribe and not a region!
• Irish/Scottish connection – Confirmed!!
• Greek – No inking about that surprise connection!
• Native American – Did not show any on this result but my grandmother is reported to have Native American – maybe not as much as we assume.
• Asian – Also did not show, rumored to have Asian traces on my grandfather side, Chinese I think.
Uploaded my raw dna to a few databases and got some more results!
• 1% Native American North & Central with traces of South America
• 2.6% East Asian (1% Taiwanese and traces of Japanese)
• 1.6 South Asia – Vietnamese, possibly Thai.
• Finnish 5.1, and French too
• Also shows Ancient DNA, Hunter Gather and traces of Denisovan via Siberia (Think Advance Cavemen).
:: Recommended Links::
These are sites you can upload your Raw DNA data for free to get more Analysis on your genome!
• https://www.myheritage.com – You do not have to purchase a DNA kit through them in order to upload your DNA, however, this is brand I purchased from.
• https://www.gedmatch.com – genealogical analysis tools for amateur and professional
• https://dna.land – sharing your data to help scientists to make new discoveries and analysis DNA Traits.